On Tuesday, August 11, 2020, MODECANADAROCKS x MELANI Beauty presented the digital Zoom event – BLACK CANADIAN STYLE: HERE’S THE THING… A discourse on the importance of Black Canadian identities in fashion, design, culture and media.
The panel of eleven Black Canadian heavy hitters, Moderated by Anjli Patel, shared personal experiences, across themes: Creative Identities, Black Lives Matter, Data Collection & Hiring Practices and Content Creation; building toward the end goal of proposing a way forward.
- Natasha Bruno –Beauty Director, FASHION Magazine
- Richard Campbell –Fashion & Beauty Director, Campaign & Editorial, Judy Inc.
- Steve Carty –Photographer | Videomaker
- Vanessa Craft –Editor-in-Chief, ELLE Canada
- Charmaine Gooden –Professor | Editor | Former Beauty Editor, CHATELAINE Magazine
- Len D. Henry –CEO, Delectant Media Inc. | founder, MODECANADAROCKS
- Lana Ogilvie –Supermodel | Founder, Lana Ogilvie Skincare
- Sabaa Quao –Entrepreneur, Co-Founder Wealthie Works Daily Inc., Filminute, and Newsrooms
- Celia Sears –President, Show Division, Milan
- George Sully –Footwear Designer | Principal, Black Designers of Canada
- Aleece Wilson –Fashion Model | Elite Model Management