Summertime, and the beauty living is easy. What’s hot now is glowing skin, minimal makeup, and healthy hair. Here are my most valuable summer tested beauty products.
- Dermalogica Ultra-Calming Cleanser soap free cleansing gel-cream with the Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System gets skin clearer and smoother looking.
- Twice a week at night, I use these Philosophy The Micro Exfoliating Triple-Acid Brightening Peel Pads.
- A white smile against sun-kissed glowing skin is my idea of summer beauty and Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean has a special ‘white mode’ to remove surface stains and keep teeth whiter.
- Even in the summer I like a rich moisturizer. My facialist at SpaMedica gave me this Dermaceutic K Ceutic SPF 50, with shea butter, aloe vera, Vitamin C & E and now I use it year round.
- Control shine with Joe Fresh Primer on spots such as around the nose and centre of the forehead.
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lacquer Liner is a must have. Paint it on thin or winged out on the edges for a modern graphic look.
- Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Vermilion with subtle hints of gold has been my go to colour all summer.
- Joe Fresh’s Nail Polish in Purple is the perfect compliment to all the orange colour I’ve been wearing this summer.
- The Body Shop – Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel soap-free shower gel contains real pink grapefruit seed oil and has a refreshing citrus scent that just cheers me right up!
- The only deodorant I use. Smells great, dries fast, worth every penny. Kiehls Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream with Orange, Lemon and Linseed Extracts.
- Bio-Oil is always on my arms and legs because it adds a wonderful sheen without being thick or heavy.
- Kevin Murphy’s LUXURYWASH Ultra Rich Smoothing Shampoo for thick coarse hair has moisturizing Mango and Shea Butter that softens parched strands.
- Redken’s The New Extreme Strength Builder is a high performance product for distressed hair. Softens and strengthens hair so if feels brand new.
- Black 15in1 Miracle Hair Treatment delivers a myriad of results, including enhanced shine, hair color retention, diminished frizz and split ends, plus heat styling and UV ray protection.
- Kinky-Curly Curling Custard is my MPV of the summer. Helps define your curls, remove frizz, provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying.